In reference to Microsoft KB974537. Read that for more information.
On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, you use Windows Internet Explorer 8 to browse a Web page. You maximize the window that contains the Web page. This Web page contains a pop-up window. In this scenario, part of the pop-up window appears off-screen. However, you expect the pop-up window to appear completely on-screen.
My experience:Windows 7 Enterprise, 64bit | Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385, 32bit
System is current with Windows Update.
Issue is most prevalent in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (That uses numerous pop-ups and menu’s)
I ran the registry edit suggested by Microsoft. Didn’t fix it.
The “Hotfix” suggested by Microsoft requires you to contact their HotFix department so they can send you a link. Although I knew my system was up to date and already included the fix that this “HotFix” would provide, I contacted Microsoft for the HotFix. They sent me the 32bit and 64bit HotFix. Nothing.
Resolution:Again, make sure Windows is up to date – especially IE updates
Apply the following registry edit:
Quick version: (for IT Pros)
1. Open registry editor – regedit
Start > type regedit in the search box > hit enter
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMainFeatureControl
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
4. Type the following key name, and then press ENTER:
5. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
6. Type iexplore.exe, and then press ENTER.
7. Right-click iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
8. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.